Votes
Paul Palo
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
How do I create a team with my SO?

Paul Palo
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Oct 15 2017, 11:48

I'm a new real estate investor and I'm trying to learn as much as I can at the moment. I also want to get my SO involved as well. 

She was very supportive when I purchased my first property, however there were many mistakes that we made during the process. I'm not viewing them as failures, but I'm trying to study up so the next purchase I make I can feel a little more informed and confident. I'm having trouble though as I'm viewing my SO more as a liability than an asset. 

Instead of going out to look at property on the weekend, we usually just watch TV or not do much. I'm staying late at work to do my research, because when I get home we just cook dinner and watch TV. I've tried to set some time up each night to do work on it together, but she doesn't like to be on a schedule and nothing gets done in the time set aside. I'm sure with kids it gets even tougher to find the time. 

I know a lot of these are just excuses, but I'd love to create a team so we could do this together. Has anyone else gone through this and what have you done about it?

Loading replies...