Seed Capital Openings for Angel Investors & Wacky Pitches

9 Replies

What are some of the best opening techniques you have heard of when speaking to potential Angel Investors about seed capital? Any great stories out there for wacky pitches? What worked; What didn't?

@Dana Walker , I was listening to a nerdist podcast and Seth Rogen mentioned they had nearly decided to go into a pitch dressed in hot dog costumes! They didn't wear the costumes, (Thank god!), but they also failed to garner investor interest. Perhaps if they had?

That's about the wackiest pitch never to be I have heard of. If I remember correctly, there were all sorts of strange investor pitches on that investment show "Dragon's Den", however the investors needed to have an mvp and full business plan prepared. Not quite Seed Capital, but still.

We usually send a gift beforehand, though I would be lying if I said the gift hasn't backfired spectacularly a time or two in the past! Certainly didn't raise the seed capital from those clients!

I very much enjoy dragons den! When I was a young man in college studying business, that show was the great reprieve at the end of the day showing us exactly how to, and how not to, approach such venerable and wealthy investors.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here