Moving around to different investments affect your children?

2 Replies

We have one small daughter,  and am worried that moving around to different property investments could have a heavy impact on our little one as she enters school. Does anyone here have any experience with moving your kids around from school to school? Has it had a detrimental effect on their academics? Is there any way to avoid having to do this, or it just part of the program? I prefer to be near my investments, so I can view their progress and make sure they stay on the right track. 

@Hank Wu
I think you need to back up a step. It seems you are assuming that you need to physically move where you live in order to invest successfully in real estate? That’s simply not true.

Plenty of people invest in multiple areas successfully. Or just stick to investing near where you live. Problem solved.

Do you feel the need to live near the companies for which you own stock?

Just live where you want to live....don’t feel like you need to go physically chasing after deals. That’s not a good way to live.

You can remote manage your investments. Even if you needed to physically visit your investments, shouldn't your goal be to flip the deal fast enough you won't need to be their for any significant amount of time? If I were you, I would visit the area for about a week or so twice. Once mid-build/flip, once at the end to ensure it's fully ready for sale. You get to see the sights, sort out any problems, and learn a little something firsthand about the area in which you are investing. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you