Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Aria Drexler
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
Tips for female investors: dealing with male clients?

Aria Drexler
  • Asheville, NC
Posted Jul 6 2018, 11:58

Hello,

This question is for fellow female investors out there, particularly those of you who are single. I have experienced nothing but respectfulness and helpfulness from the male investors I have worked with, which is awesome! (thanks, guys! ). However, I have been having issues interacting with male clients as I have been taking and assessing leads (my focus is on wholesaling for now). I am a single female in my late 20's, and recently had a client continually pester me, asking me out on dates, and acting as though we are in a relationship. He continues to pester me by phone. That particular deal ended up falling through anyway, but my concern is that this will continue to happen and I will end up killing many leads when I politely decline advances before a deal is finalized. I am working on my own and have no one to accompany me to sites when I am assessing a property. I already generally do not wear makeup and wear non-descript yet professional clothing.  I used to wear a pixie cut, so I went many years without men bothering me at all, but I would prefer not to return to that. Short of wearing a fake ring and attending assertiveness training, I am not sure how to handle these kinds of situations. I don't want sexism to prevent me from bettering my life, but this is really dissuading me from continuing. If you have advice or encouragement, I would really appreciate it!

Loading replies...