• Rental Property Investor
  • Gothenburg, NE
Votes |
Divulge info about properties

Jerrad Shepherd
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gothenburg, NE
Posted Oct 9 2018, 13:47
I am an investor in central Nebraska and own my properties in a few different L.L.C.’s. I recently had a phone call from a guy who said he was an appraiser and he asked several questions about one of my properties so he could use it as a comp. I guess he got my number from the last real estate agent that I bought a property from. I was a little unsettled answering some of the questions about the place, that’s why I buy in my L.L.C. name and not my own. I have also had calls from out of state investors asking what my average rents, vacancy rate, numbers of rentals I have, and other relatively personal questions as well. I guess I was just wondering what kinds of questions you folks are willing to answer if any from third party people such as out of state investors, appraisers, etc. I have more or less decided from here on out that I will not be answering any of these questions because I don’t believe it is in my best interest. I am a little curious as to why someone would disclose how well their area cash flows and such if they want to continue to invest in that area without a lot of competition. Not that my area is super hot or anything. I read BiggerPockets posts everyday and have decided that I may as well start posting on here as well. What a wealth of knowledge this site is!

Loading replies...