Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting

33 Replies

This post has been removed.

I live in Omaha and am lucky to have the Shareholder's Meeting pretty much in my backyard. I had heard about the event but didn't know what all it entailed until moving here. I've attended the last three years or so. I think the thing that stands out to me is how much of an event it is over a period of a few days. The speaking portion with Warren and Charlie is probably the part where you will glean the most information, but there are a lot of entertainment and networking events available throughout the weekend including the BBQ at NFM and the event out at Borsheims. Downtown really buzzes throughout the week of the event with investors from around the world. 

I think they do a pretty good job of making it worth the trip. 

Thank goodness I did a forum search before posting the same topic haha. 

@William Glass   This will also my second time attending and I will say @Mindy Jensen nailed pretty much everything. If there are other RE investors at the Berkshire meeting, I'd love to link up! 

@Tanh Truong That's awesome! Last year I flew out too early on Sunday out of Des Moines so missed all of the events Saturday night & Sunday. I'm excited to have more time this year. 

What are you most looking forward to?

@William Glass Hearing Buffett and Munger speak is a thrill in it of itself. Munger is probably my favorite due to his short (and often funny) remarks. 

Last year, I met up with another podcast group (The Investor's Podcast) and did a bar crawl, which was absolutely astounding in terms of networking. The hosts of the podcast are unable to make it out this year, so hopefully, we're able to coordinate something similar. 

@Mindy Jensen

Ok Mindy, I’ve been 5 times since 2007 before the crash! Convince me to come a 6th time for something other than the private parties?!?

I did take my business partners from OKC 3 years ago for the 50th anniversary & that was fun!

Might go again after the next crash & after transition to see how it’s run.

IDK what to say to convince you to go. Warren and Charlie aren't getting any younger? If you liked it before, you should attend. If you were bored, then skip it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here