Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Jerrad Shepherd
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gothenburg, NE
Votes |
Sell the dream home to further our investing career?

Jerrad Shepherd
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gothenburg, NE
Posted Feb 1 2019, 09:21

This question is for you older investors out there. Would you have done things differently if you were to start over? Is trading 5-6 years of a JOB worth giving up the dream house? Have you gotten more value throughout your years traveling or living in one great location? My wife and I have been investing in single family’s and small multi family’s along with our small business a 89 lot RV park in the path of development for the last 5 years. We have really grown our businesses and now my wife is looking to retire from her teaching job here in the near future. We can either 1. Sell our dream house, a modern nice open layout house on 18 acres with 2 private fishing/recreation ponds on it and invest those funds into more real estate. After 4 years or so we would have more than enough cash flowing properties to consider her quitting. 2. Keep plugging away with what we are doing and she would be able to retire in around 10 years. She is a guidance counselor in a small school system and we are in our mid 30’s. With the depreciation we claim on our rentals we would be able to qualify for an affordable option through the aca for heath insurance. We are looking to sell our RV park in the coming years as well as entertain the option of selling or getting management in place for our rental properties.

Loading replies...