Newark New Jersey investors

2 Replies

How hot is this market! I’m convinced it’s one of the top 5 in U.S.A

Agreed 100%. I think this is fast becoming an uneconomical market. Especially given the limits to increasing rents here as per rent control. May still offer opportunity for flippers out there and those who are comfortable on some of the trickier blocks but that's not my bag. Amazing run-up in the past few years.

@Trevor Ierien I can’t speak for the US but I can certainly speak for northern NJ and say the level of competition and amount of appreciation it has seen in recent years is outstanding. It will be interesting to see if this unprecedented growth can continue regardless of the stringent rent control laws and if south and central Newark will eventually transform as did the rest of the wards.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here