• Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Sweet, Sour, Service...

Jennifer Serviss
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted May 24 2019, 09:02

Hello!

I recently attended a local REIA and the speaker at the event shared an interesting tradition he does with his family. He explained that each day he and his family share something good that happened in their day (sweet), something bad or not so sweet that happened in their day (sour), and a service they did for someone else. If someone didn't do a service for that day they had to do the dishes or clean up. He called it sweet, sour, service and recommended others to try it.

Sweet, sour, service really stuck with me as I loved the idea of reflecting on your day and consciously recalling something that was positive and something you did to be of service to others. It is far too easy to focus on the negative, even on bad days something sweet is mixed in more often than not. Being of service to others on a daily basis can be as big or small as you would like. I think a little can go along way in this instance and you never know what type of positive impact you can have one someone else's day. From opening a door for the person behind you, helping a stranded motorist with car trouble, or volunteering at a youth center the opportunities are endless. Our personal lives can be overwhelming at times and being of service to others can feel like an additional task on top of the pile of daily tasks you already have but I think you'll find it to be a very fulfilling experience. 

What is your sweet, sour, service for today?

Loading replies...