• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Security Cameras For Investment Properties

Ryan Collins
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Posted Oct 24 2019, 20:13

I'm doing my first partnership flip with my father. He's very adamant about having cameras installed on the property for peace of mind and understandably so. The area the home is in is not terrible but it's not the best either (C- to C class neighborhood). 

I asked a friend of mine who invests in the area and he seems to feel he never had a need to put any cameras on the property. Almost to the tune of he felt it was overkill since the property we have has a cellular monitored alarm system. I searched the forums prior to posting this but many of the results either had no answers, insufficient answers or were outdated. 

I'm looking into the ring indoor cameras (about $60 each), and the ring floodlight camera to put on the side door which should cover the driveway, backyard, garage and part of the street. 

My questions are:

- Is this something you all typically do on all of your properties in the midst of being rehabbed?

- I'm investing remotely and my father is not tech savvy AT ALL. For those like me what vendors do you all use for installation? And what are your typical costs?

- Do you agree with the camera selection? Or do you feel like there are better and/or more cost effective options out there?

I'd appreciate any insight anyone can offer on this. TIA!

Loading replies...