Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Dan Milinazzo
Pro Member
  • Pelham, NH
Votes |
What's on your Wall? Behind your monitor?

Dan Milinazzo
Pro Member
  • Pelham, NH
Posted Jul 7 2020, 12:09

After recently relistening to a few podcasts (namely #224 with Chris Clothier) talk about his backdrop came up.  He has large whiteboards all around him tracking things like seminar schedules, KPIs (key performance indicators), notes for publishing ideas, and general imporant notes.  As I look around my office, namely the wall behind my triplicate monitor set up I notice a stark backdrop with a single decoration.  A gift from my mother-in-law.  A personalized clock with the following inscription "SUCCESS is not something that happens in the future.  Success is made up of LITTLE STEPS taken RIGHT NOW" with my name engraved in a chrome plate.  It's a nice touch and always in my view.  I also have a map of New England with map pins and string outlining my outer market boundary and a custom color coded map of the same with my target areas color coded by distance.  I also have the most perfect version of a handrawn lady bug from my 4 year old daughter!  

I feel that my hours of grinding away at my computer screens I need a little more on the wall for my view and motivation.  The area I am working with is about 3'x4'.  I have other things in my office standard wall calendar, small wall mounted book shelf, degrees, and some Frank Lloyd Wright/Architectural Prints/Photos, but I want to declutter them and focus my office envelope into more purposeful, motivational, and task oriented.  The popularity of Zoom/Webex meetings made this more obviousl as I observe the various background of co-workers, collegues, and fellow investors.  

What do your office walls look like? 

Loading replies...