New to Investing. Sacramento,CA area

6 Replies

Hello investors, how's the market? Anyone from Sacramento,Ca that's doing good? 

@Joshua Hicks Welcome to BP!

I have the exact same question as you, going to have to spend some time getting to know Sacramento. Hopefully someone will chime in.

@Joshua Hicks welcome to BP!

I moved to Sac from Bay Area last November, i own a few properties in Bay Area and I am always on the lookout. In my opinion, for buy and hold, the numbers Sac area don't work anymore. I have decided to stay on the sideline for now. I think it may still be a good flip market for those who are in construction.

Joshua I'm going to have to echo the sentiments of @Brad S. The bulk of proerties  you're looking for don't pencil out. That's not to say they don't exist but it will take a good deal of hustling to find and get them.

In some areas in the region you can see signs that prices are leveling off. 

I can say that it is getting tougher to find deals out here, but it definitely can be done. There are a few areas like Oak Park and Old North Sacramento that are going through a bit of a gentrification phase, but it can be a gamble because there's lots of riff-raff to be seen in those areas as well.

Thanks guys, yea I've been searching hourly and well there are a few but not many

Finding deals is much harder than a few years ago. In many cases the SFH valuations are not too far off from pre crash levels.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here