• Turlock, CA
Votes |
Cash flowing properties in Yuba City?

Kevin Moules
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Turlock, CA
Posted Mar 25 2018, 12:26

Hello,

My name is Kevin and I just joined BP last week. Excited to be here! My wife and I live and Turlock, CA and looking to start our REI. We have a primary residence at this time only. Currently pre-approved for a loan and looking for properties in Stanislaus, Merced, and San Joaquin Counties, however my wife is from originally from Yuba City. 

I am learning that the prices around where we live are pretty hard to cash flow after expenses. It seems the only way will have to be finding off market properties. This being said I have pondered in possibly investing in Yuba City since I have been going there since meeting my wife in 2013. It kind of reminds me of Turlock, about the same size and feel, except for the chickens of course (if your in YC you know what I mean :) ) 

It would seems that folks working SAC and bay area may purchase here to make their commute. Maybe it is a wrong assumption.

We would like to focus on buy and hold rental properties looking at SFH and small multi-family units. How is the market here? Any thoughts or advice. I have not reached out a realtor at this point since we plan on managing our own properties and having a management company do it 2 hours away does not appeal to me at this time. However, desperate times call for desperate measures. We are bound on being successful in this business!

For now I will comb through properties on Realtor.com to see if it is worth while pursuing.

Thanks!

Loading replies...