Gc referral Sacramento Folsom area

6 Replies

Hi

i am looking at making an offer on a home that needs substantial work.

Can you help me with referrals to get a rough estimate

thanks

Are you looking for someone to do the most cost-efficient work to make it a rental, or higher-end work for a primary residence?

Originally posted by @Jeremy Brown :

Are you looking for someone to do the most cost-efficient work to make it a rental, or higher-end work for a primary residence?

Plan to make it a rental

I have a sfh in Folsom renting for 2100 now, so the fixes need to attract a high income tenant, so not looking for cosmetic fixes, may need extensive electric work, new garage, roof etc

Merton’s Construction
Merton Eaton
BP. Won’t allow me to post his phone number.

Cash flow in Folsom SFRs is nearly impossible if you use any debt. Rents are high, but purchase prices have grown too. I’m bullish on appreciation, but that’s about the only way to make much money on rentals here. 

I actually subscribed to this thread to watch for gc recommendations. I have guys for most trades and references for a couple higher-end contractors, but no gc I’d want to hire for an extensive rental remodel.

Cash flow in Folsom SFRs is nearly impossible if you use any debt. Rents are high, but purchase prices have grown too. I’m bullish on appreciation, but that’s about the only way to make much money on rentals here. 

I actually subscribed to this thread to watch for gc recommendations. I have guys for most trades and references for a couple higher-end contractors, but no gc I’d want to hire for an extensive rental remodel.

Agreed no more cashflow. Luckily i bought one at end of 2011 which has doubled. I am not counting on a lot more appreciation at  this stage. So need at least some equity to buy in at this stage. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.