Votes
Hassan Karaouni
  • Bay Area, CA
Votes |
MFH House Hack Team: Seeking Agent, Lender, Contractor, Manager

Hassan Karaouni
  • Bay Area, CA
Posted Dec 5 2021, 15:05

My name is Hassan and I'm seeking to build a team for a multi-family house hack and/or flip in Oakland.

My Ask
- If you're an agent, lender, contractor, or manager and you're interested in working together, please message me.
- If you have recommendations, please share them as a comment. I'm sure others in the forum would appreciate that too.

My Context
- My Why: I want to build up a passive investment portfolio. I'm paying high rents and I believe transitioning to home ownership could be a better long-term play. The Bay Area is a good fit for me because it's my lifetime "headquarters" and I love it here. I plan to travel globally on a regular basis, but I went to Stanford, I work on AR/VR in the Bay Area, and my family operates a meat farm in Vacaville. I love the energy of the tech and outdoor communities here.

- My Who: I am working independently right now but I'm eager to build a team of an agent, lender, property manager,and contractor familiar with house hacking and flipping in Oakland.

- My What: I'm interested in equity and cash flow, so I'm prioritizing multi family homes. Positive cash flow would be ideal, but some negative cash flow would be acceptable if needed. I certainly want to beat my current rental rate. Pre-approvals should not be an issue but I am looking to renew a previous pre-approval and I would welcome recommendations to lenders focused on the Bay Area.

- My Where: I prefer Oakland because of the community, proximity to my tech work in the Bay Area, and proximity to my family's farm work in the North Bay Area. I am currently renting an apartment in Oakland.

- My When: I'd like to close on a home as soon as possible, ideally within Winter 2022.

- My How: I'm ready to be flexible on my personal living situation. I prefer to live minimally and a small, studio-sized space with internet and basic amenities (electricity, water, etc) would be great for me. For example, I'd welcome converting a large garage or extra structure into my living space and renting the rest. I don't mind if significant work is needed if the long-term investment is sound.

Loading replies...