• Rental Property Investor
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
New real estate investor in Bakersfield, CA

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bakersfield, CA
Posted Oct 8 2017, 18:58

Hi, let me re-post my introduction (I first posted this in wrong place, and just found how to shoot Bakersfield RE forum).

I moved to Bakersfield in 2014 from Pomona, CA for my job (R&D in a seed company, W-2 employee). I used to be a healthy strong guy (some marathon and triathlon races under my belt) but turned 50 this June and got sick by pneumonia this July. The sickness made me stay in bed for a long time this summer and think "ok, let's read some book of REI taking this advantage, it could be a chance to start something very different and fun". I chose the books that I found online, "Investing in real estate with no and low money down" and "The book on rental property investing" by Brandon Turner. I've Now I'm reading "RIch dad poor dad" by Robert Kiyosaki.

I've been "an educated poor dad" of three kids, but my mindset has been 180 degree turned around after reading these books. I'm really happy that I found something that I could be enjoying rest of my life. My overall goals through REI are to

1) achieve financial freedom
2) support child education
3) travel to Japan to see my family and friends more frequently
4) ready for retirement

I'll be taking actions to commit to buy a SFH utilizing BRRRR by the end of 2017.

I need to look for deals efficiently and clearly structure how to finance the acquisition.

It would be great if anyone in this community could kindly share your experience in your first deal, how you found the first deal, how you financed the deal, what was difficulty and how you break through it etc. Also if any recommend about private/hard money lenders in Bakersfield that work with newbie like me. I should start sharing my plan with them.

Again these are my first greeting to BP community in Bakersfield.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

I can't wait to network with some in Bakersfield in the event on 10/19/17.

Eric

Loading replies...