• Investor
  • traveling
Votes |
Idea guru needed, profi/ best use on RO-3 rental Uptown Denver

Juline R.
  • Investor
  • traveling
Posted Jan 26 2019, 08:56

I own a 5500 sq ft lot with a 2200 sq ft victorian on it in Uptown, West City Park, Denver.  Zoned RO-3

Home has lovely space, great location, 3 car garage, never a vacant month 18 years, I don't want to hold the home itself past 5 years, but I don't want to completely lose the land.    

I leveraged to 70% so I can buy more, develop or grow somehow which sadly I have been just holding refi cash for a year paralyzed in fear, I currently break even or lose slightly with the refi, rental income/expenses including mediocre property management 10.5% but I haven't been in the area for years.

So....about the future I need a plan, I need this property and refi to get me out of working 5 years from now.... and still keep a unit or part of the lot....the world is so uncertain I don't want to give up having a roof over my head that is paid off and in a great location...I am struggling with that now having lost my LA apartment after 17 years and being outpriced to stay.

RO-3 is eligible for 3 story multi-unit, office and or living

These thoughts may be inaccurate, I have no experience just a lot of ideas, no partner to work with yet, my research leads me in insecure circles and i have no idea what is actually possible, I am out of touch with Denver and not sure where to turn for a reliable resource with facts, answers, ability... 

• Rent as different use, higher price, rather than residential single family for up to 5 years while I make a plan (furnishing would need to be purchased or rented)
    • Furnished bedrooms, furnished living, monthly individual room rentals
    • Unfurnished bedrooms, furnished coliving space, monthly room rentals
    • Business rental
    • Garage profit
    • Continue SF rental
  • Subdivide and sell but keep myself space for a tiny home
  • Partner with a developer
    • Multi-story, maximize units, sell individual, sell building, rent all, unit has to be kept for myself
    • 2-3 large units

Help.

Loading replies...