Skip to content
Denver Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
James Carlson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
What are the Best Neighborhoods in Denver?

James Carlson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Jun 7 2020, 17:12

Denver's 5280 magazine is out with the "25 Best Neighborhoods in Denver," so it seems time to debate.  

South Park Hill topped the list, followed by some usual suspects like Congress Park, Washington Park, Highlands, yada yada yada. Any first-time homebuyers out there looking for moderately priced homes? There were two neighborhoods on the list with 2019 average home prices below $400,000.

1. West Barnum -- We've been steering buyers this way for a while (like this awesome house hacking couple). This area is the continuation of Sloan's Lake development's march southward. Villa Park is crazy already. Now West Barnum is getting it. Cute little starter homes and with easy quick access to downtown. This area will only get hotter.
  2. Indian Creek -- I got to admit: I'd never heard of this neighborhood just east of Virginia Village. Guess I got to check it out.

So ... any thoughts on the best neighborhood in Denver? For me, it's either South Broadway or Capitol Hill. I like shops and bars and restaurants near where I live, and I need more grit than what some of the "hot" spot offers. What do you all think?

Loading replies...