• Investor
  • Centennial
Votes |
Struggling to get started in Denver Metro

Jason M.
  • Investor
  • Centennial
Posted Jul 17 2020, 07:08

I am really struggling to get off the ground in the Denver metro area; And I've read mixed reviews about going out of state for rental properties. (I read "Long Distance Real Estate Investing") Thoughts? Is it better to wait and save the ~$60K for down payment here? Is it even worth it with all of the unknowns around COVID and renters?

Aside from lacking the large down payment, I'm in pretty good shape. (No debt except my primary residence, 800+ credit score, 15K in emergency savings, maxing out tax deferred accounts every month, and saving $3K/month for investing.)

I have a realtor, and we have setup a search based on my goals; I probably analyze 5 or 6 properties every morning. I've found a couple that work, but I just can't get past the initial investment in this market. 

I have read all of the BP real estate investing books (Including "The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down" ) and I'm looking forward to next weeks podcast. "Live in an Expensive Market? You CAN Invest in Real Estate! Here's How!"

Can anyone give me some advise to get over this hump?

Loading replies...