New to Colorado Springs

8 Replies

I moved to Colorado Springs with my wife in December 2018. I am always a student of realty and I am looking for connections that are seeking financial freedom through real estate investing. I am learning the area still and plan to focus on house hacking rentals to start. 

I run a small web development and hosting business on the side of a full time career and specialize in Information Technology of many types.

Let's network!

Hey Troy, welcome to the Springs!

My wife and I moved here back in March 2018 and we love it! I started as Realtor before even moving here because I knew it was where I wanted to be. I’ve worked with investors and different types of home buyers as well as a couple recent clients who are currently house hacking. 

I would be more than happy to connect with you and hear more about your goals. I’ll go ahead and shoot you a PM as well!

Hey @Troy Donovan - I would recommend coming to our Real Estate Investor Association to learn more and network with like minded people. We meed the 1st and 3rd Tuesday or every month at Third Space Coffee from 6:30 - 8:30. Free to attend, we just ask you grab a drink from Third Space on your way in since they let us use their space for free.

Hi @Colin Smith , I am actually already signed up for the one on the 21st. I live close to Third Space also. :D I will see you there!

Troy

Awesome, looking forward to see you there @Troy Donovan !

Welcome to Colorado Springs! My emphasis is on the commercial side, but I'm happy to connect. We have a great local investing community. 

@Troy Donovan - welcome! Glad to have you here. I bet your web/tech stuff brings a lot of value and a unique perspective to an underserved aspect of REI.

+1 to attending the REI meetup that @Colin Smith talked about.  Smart move.  I can never attend because my day job prevents me from getting out there on time, but when I was able to attend the people were great and welcoming.  You'll love it.

@Thadeous Larkin Thank you for the warm greeting. I find that the web/tech stuff I know brings about two very valuable strategies to REI. The first being automation. When anyone automates a business process, not only do they save time, but they almost eliminate the element of human error. The second benefit is marketing. This method brings opportunity for potential connections to realtors, investors, renters and home owners. While these look simple on paper, they in themselves are an investment and process. Information technology is time consuming and costly upfront, but pays dividends.

I am more than happy to help anyone with guidance on IT related questions.

Thanks for recommending the REI meetup.

@Troy Donovan Welcome. Great idea to start Networking right away. As a fellow IT engineer, connecting with individuals and providing value with the skills that come with a IT background can be invaluable. If you haven't,  I recommend the book "Traction" by Gino Wickman, really highlights the importance and clear presence of roles in a partnership or business leading to success. Networking and leveraging others strengths or roles is key in this business.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here