• Clearwater, FL
Votes |
New Investor - Multifamily Questions

Lindsey Oliver
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Clearwater, FL
Posted Jan 17 2022, 12:54

Hi Everyone! I own a 2/2 home in Clearwater and live in it with my girlfriend. We recently discovered BP and have gotten really excited about REI to the point of wanting to purchase a multifamily home somewhere in Tampa Bay in the coming months. We want to househack in a multi while simultaneously renting out our current home either as a LTR or 30 day min STR. So far we have practiced running numbers for multis that we have seen on the MLS but I am wondering what else we could do right now even though we aren't planning to buy until at least May (one year since I purchased the primary). My questions are - Is it too soon to assemble a team in the area ie lawyer, CPA, realtor, etc? What are your recommendations for finding FSBO multis or off market multis? We are both handy in the sense that we can paint, update fixtures, flooring, doors, etc so we aren't afraid of something that needs a little cosmetic work. Really appreciate your insight and of course, would love to connect with other investors and aspiring investors in the area.

Thank you!

Lindsey

Loading replies...