Votes |
General question about Tampa market

Mike Malyy
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Oct 20 2020, 16:41

Hi,

I am currently investing in California, but due to prices here and a few recommendations, I am considering buying in North Tampa/Orlando or surrounding areas. I am a buy and hold investor and will be looking for either a BRRRR or turnkey properties with upside potential. I just wanted to ask a few questions of the people who are currently investing in the area, as I am sure the market is quite different from what I experience here in California.

1. Where do you see the market in Tampa/Orlando going? Have there been more deals to be made since the start of the pandemic?
  2. Are there specific areas I should look at? I have a buddy investing about an hour north of Tampa and he said it was a good place to start. Any thoughts on that?
  3. I have heard of decent new construction deals in the Ocala area. Is that worth looking at? What about new construction elsewhere?
  4. Any specific areas to avoid for a buy and hold investor?

As I don't currently have anyone in the area, I would be looking to connecting with local investors, agents, PMs, contractors, and lenders, to see if we can work together.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Loading replies...