ISO: interior decorator/designer for Vacation Rental (Tampa)

8 Replies | Tampa, Florida

I am going to turn one of my units into a vacation rental. I would like some assistance from a professional, or someone who knows what they are doing to help guide me in making sure the unit flows nicely for a vacation unit.

Would need help picking paint color, furniture, linens, etc...

Aaron T.'s podcast Invest Florida? Episode 39 talked about Airbnb here in FL.  My little brother has used Airbnb to rent his room in Brooklyn so I know a little about them as well. 

Originally posted by @Adrian Smude :

@Aaron Trommater are you looking to use Airbnb?  If so have you checked out @Eric Odum 's podcast Invest Florida? Episode 39 talked about Airbnb here in FL.  My little brother has used Airbnb to rent his room in Brooklyn so I know a little about them as well. 

Yes, my tenant is leaving my new duplex unit, so I was going to fix it up and put it on the Vacation rental sites. I wanted to try something a little different, so I will take a little risk, but there is also potential to make more than if I kept a standard leased tenant. I will try it for 6 months to a year and see how it works.

I'd be happy to help you select furniture, finishes, and linens. I can help with layout as well. Send me a personal message if you'd like to discuss.

Originally posted by @Aaron T.:

I am going to turn one of my units into a vacation rental. I would like some assistance from a professional, or someone who knows what they are doing to help guide me in making sure the unit flows nicely for a vacation unit.

Aaron, not sure if you've found someone to help you out, if not I can definitely recommend a great source. Extremely reasonable and easy to work with. Has decorated and provided assistance for MANY members of the TB Lightning and Rays. Msg. me if you'd like contact info. Did my townhome ( 2000sq ft), so loves working on all types of homes, not just "mega mansions".

@Aaron T. What area is your rental going to be in? My main advice would be to lower vacancy as much as you can without sacrificing price per night. I do it by planing ahead and if you have nights booked as far as 6 months out you can get higher rates and then all you have to do is lower the rates in gaps between bookings about one month before the date. When I do this I am sometimes able to have the unit occupied almost the entire month. Main tips if you are using multiple sites is update your calendars in all sites stay on top of pricing tips on all sites. Constantly update pricing on all sites. Respond to requests in under 24 hours. Enable instant booking if possible. Put at least 20 quality pictures of the unit.  

Originally posted by @Steve Kordish:
Originally posted by @Aaron T.:

Aaron, not sure if you've found someone to help you out, if not I can definitely recommend a great source. Extremely reasonable and easy to work with. Has decorated and provided assistance for MANY members of the TB Lightning and Rays. Msg. me if you'd like contact info. Did my townhome ( 2000sq ft), so loves working on all types of homes, not just "mega mansions".

BTW, she offers a "Bring Back Guarantee" where you can change/alter things at no charge if you aren't happy.

I ended up not going the vacation rental route this time. I have a bunch of capital tied up in other vacant lots at the moment. I will do this next time.

Right now I am finishing up the rental and hope to get it listed next week.