Suggestions on Area to Reside in Tampa/USF

3 Replies

Hi, my wife and I will be moving to Tampa  from San Diego in January.  Eventually will be looking to invest there, but first I need to figure out where the heck to move to.  My wife will be visiting prior to our move, I've never been to Tampa.  She'll be attending USF.  We are in our early 30's, like a walk-able neighborhood with shops, restaurants etc.  Any suggestions on places to look at?  We plan to rent upon first moving.  Will be more active on here once we arrive, looking forward to the move! Thanks,

Corey, 

The Tampa Palms area is great and definitely walkable. It is also not far from USF

Love downtown area by Hyde Park, Palma Ceia. Beautiful neighborhoods, just a little farther from the school 

Let me know if you need help finding a rental if you are looking for a home or townhome/Condo 

Kim Meredith Hampton, Real Estate Agent in FL (#BK0601196)
407-253-9324
Originally posted by @Kim Meredith Hampton :

Corey, 

The Tampa Palms area is great and definitely walkable. It is also not far from USF

Love downtown area by Hyde Park, Palma Ceia. Beautiful neighborhoods, just a little farther from the school 

Let me know if you need help finding a rental if you are looking for a home or townhome/Condo 

Sent you a PM, thanks for your response.  Broadly in case others are wondering the same... We're ok with a home, condo or townhome.  We're not looking to break the bank and we're hoping for a shorter lease if possible.  We're A+ tenants, great credit, good savings, have great references etc.  We're into craftsman homes, neighborhoods where there is some charm etc.  We do have 2 cats which will end up narrowing our search quite quickly.

Hi Corey,

Both areas mentioned by Meredith are great walkable areas.

What you find will depend on your budget.

The zip codes for the areas mentioned are 33629 and 33606.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.