Where are the best neighborhoods to buy single family in Tampa?

14 Replies

Hello there, My name is Ami and i am an investor  searching for an investment of a single family in Tampa area.

actually i am a newbie in Tampa area and will be glad for some help about Tampa area

any ideas of good neighborhoods/suburban in Tampa ares for under 150K value?

thanks and happy new year.

Ami   

Originally posted by @Ami Shookroon :

Hello there, My name is Ami and i am an investor  searching for an investment of a single family in Tampa area.

actually i am a newbie in Tampa area and will be glad for some help about Tampa area

any ideas of good neighborhoods/suburban in Tampa ares for under 150K value?

thanks and happy new year.

Ami   

Ami, 

I operate in the Tampa market. What are your goals for investment? Is it strictly cash-flow? Or are you looking to purchase a single-family home in an area with some demonstrated upside and relatively less cash flow, but great appreciation potential?

I think there are solid opportunities to purchase in suburbs of the Greater Tampa Bay Area, but I think the long-term strategy that combines a balance between appreciation potential and cash flow is to invest near the urban core AKA Downtown Tampa. There is a lot of projected growth in the Downtown Area and prices are already high, but there are many opportunities still in gentrifying/secondary markets. I think investing in neighborhoods with new construction is a good play, because if you decide to exit in a few years you have the option of selling property to a developer for a teardown, especially at that 120-150k pricepoint. 

The question should really be, where can I afford to invest with a 150k budget. IS this your all in budget, or just purchase? I operate in great neighborhoods outside of tampa, where you can get a little more house for your dollar, but I also need to know your goals. 

Matt, what is the best way to contact you?

@Ami Shookroon I lived and worked in Tampa for the past 37 years, as a few have asked before what are you looking for in this investment, cashflow, appreciation, you looking to buy and hold, or flip? Depending on some more info, i would be happy to point you in different directions.  

Eric

Eric Most, Real Estate Agent in FL (#SL3387145)
813-781-5806

Thank you Eric for your reply.

I sm searching to invest in single fammily buy & hold up to 100k$

Hi Ami, I sent you a private message. Talk to you soon.

I have   the same question, what is the recommended neighborhood if I have the following goals (please let me know if these seem unreasonable):

- 20% down + financing

- 100$+ cash flow per month, low roi is ok

- Optimize for appreciation and location

- Purchase price unto 200K is ok

- 1990 or newer construction

- Multiple exit options including selling at retail

It requires insurance policies to protect from heavy winds and since irma impact windows are the new code, a decent amount of tampa requires flood insurance also.  Good areas under 150k be maybe Temple terrace, Valrico, Plant city and so worth I move properties in the tampa market all day.  It varies but the deals move fast especially off market investment properties. 

- "20% down + financing
- 100$+ cash flow per month, low roi is ok
- Optimize for appreciation and location
- Purchase price unto 200K is ok
- 1990 or newer construction
- Multiple exit options including selling at retail"

Under 200K looking for appreciation you have a lot of options (150 is a lot tougher). Seminole Heights, Carrollwood, South Tampa, or parts of st Pete if that interests you.

The one thing you will find difficult to find is anything 1990 or newer within that budget. Most newer construction are McMansions because the land is about 1/3 of the cost.

These are generalities - if you want specific info on certain areas feel free to send me a PM

Hi Ami,

I'm an investor & real estate agent in South Tampa( where lots are going for $300-$400K).

If  you want something under $100K it will be tough, even under $150K will be tough.

You will have to go into the rough areas of town - north of Ybor City and east of Seminole Heights.  And Sulpher Springs, Busch Gardens areas.

Or you could go over to the St Pete side and do south St Pete, or Pinellas Park/Lealman area.

If you want me to take a look at anything for you let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Larsen, Real Estate Agent
813-838-0171

I work in a wholesale brokerage in Tampa.  You can decide your exit strategy based on the location of the property/opportunity.  There are lots of options.  

One thing is sure, Real Estate gives the best ROI.

Sunita Maharaj, Real Estate Agent in Florida (#RE SL3356253) and Florida (# NMLS 1656694)
954-548-9112

Hi all, I just wanted to piggyback on the thread. I am also a new investor in Tampa, and particularly looking for properties (both SFH and multi) near the University of South Floria. What do you think about the area potential for cash flow/ buy and hold strategy? My goal is buying 2 houses down there this year; my criteria are simple: $300 per unit or 12% ROI and no war zone.

Thanks,

-Minh

@Ami Shookroon this is a quite broad question. A lot of it depends on your investment strategy, risk tolerance, exit strategy, current experience, accessibility, current market conditions, future growth potential then diving into specifics of the type of properties you are looking for whether its block, frame, size, etc..

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.