New Sarasota resident looking to connect with agent

7 Replies

We recently relocated to sunny Sarasota, FL from Kansas. We are current investors with a multi-family property in Wichita, KS. We are looking to connect with an agent with in-depth knowledge of the greater Sarasota area. Specifically, we are looking for an agent with knowledge of multi-family investing as we are looking to house hack and would like to find a duplex, triplex, or quadplex. We are looking for a diamond in the rough and would like to work with an agent who knows the intricacies of this wonderful city. We are still new to the investing game and love soaking up new information so any tips or recommendations in regards to our new city would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks!

Hi Tanner!  I’m a realtor in Sarasota, and I grew up just north of Kansas City, MO!  I’ve lived here for almost four years now and I love it!!  We should have coffee and talk more!

Good Afternoon @Tanner Wilbeck ,

I am a local Realtor with experience in fix and flips, long term positions, as well as luxury residential real estate, and  full developments. Currently I am working on a 92 unit townhome development and have 3 flippers looking for their next flip with me (on the investment side of Real Estate, have many more running traditionally). Feel free to message me so we can connect and discuss your goals moving forward in Florida. I thank you in advance for your time, and look forward to hearing from you.

@Tanner Wilbeck  

Your post popped up due to the Wichita reference - I'm late but welcome to BP - 

I'm in Topeka now but for the most part lived in Wichita all my life except for 4 years 2 of which was spent in SW Florida 2004-2006 not far from you  in Ft Myers & Port Charlotte.  Have you considered buying a nicer place or something with a guest house or close to the beach and doing AirBnB, VRBO etc...  I'd think you could make a killing there during snow bird season, or hey get a condo cheap somewhere close to the beach and do the same strategy or a condo close to Raymond James stadium or whatever they call it now and cater to sports fans - know it would only be a few home games but anyways you definitely likely have more options than you did in Wichita.

Congrats on the move and enjoy whats left of this beautiful winter weather down there and then button down the  hatch for Hurricane season...ha - I went through Wilma when I lived in Cape Coral and stayed in the house - was a cool experience and you'll get to laugh at all the Floridians that think high winds and rain are a big deal.  Cakewalk compared to KS screwy bad summer weather/hail/tornadoes.

@Shane H.

Thanks for the tips! We are really hoping to find something with some potential for AIRBnB so your tips are greatly appreciated. I think something with a mother in law unit or a guest house would be perfect. After seeing some of what is on the market I think we are going to need to venture into some nicer territory than we have in the past, but like you pointed out we definitely have more options here and are able to get a little more creative with our portfolio.

And good to hear that the crazy Kansas weather may have conditioned us for hurricane season, some of those Kansas summer storms could go head to head with the best of them. 

@Kyle Adanza

Thanks for the tip! I'll give them a look. My mother was an agent for a Keller Williams group back in CA and said nothing but good things about them. 

Hey Tanner,

I am from that area originally but now live in New Mexico for work.  I just closed on a quad-flex this past Nov in Bradenton.  My agent was Kimberly Martinez from Keller Williams on the Water.  She was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and punctual.  She emailed properties that lined up with my criteria (multi-family in specific areas) almost everyday for 3 months before I found one that was what I wanted.  She and her husband are both Real Estate Investors.  She knows how to run the numbers like an investor and which areas are good and bad.

I was able to close on a deal 1500 miles away with little stress.  Her contacts, recommendations, and knowledge were incredible in my opinion. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.