Votes
Nilton Santos
  • Scarsdale, NY
Votes |
Fix and flip in the Tampa area

Nilton Santos
  • Scarsdale, NY
Posted Jan 21 2018, 15:17

I'm a new real state investor from out-of-state who is considering investing in fix-and-flips in the Tampa area. The main reason for Tampa is that, based on my research, the area seems great (read average ROIs > 30%) for flips right now, despite the fierce competition.

I've got flexibility from my "day job" to work from anywhere (I'm a remote worker) so I'm willing to be on the ground to make this a successful business. Additionally, being out of state, I'm planning on networking as much as possible with locals (via BP, local meetups, real state investment clubs, etc.) to get a "good pulse/feel" for the local market before my first deal.

My question are:

1) how realistic is it to find great deals (net ROIs > 30%) with $150K total to invest? I figured with this kind of cash I'd have to target the low end of the market (under $100K) which, in general, is where there is fierce competition;

2) how realistic is it to make this a success given that I'm out-of-state? I figure a considerable learning curve is need to learn the local market and establish trusted relationships.

How would you compare your local market with Phoenix (another are that I'm also considering)?

Thanks!

Loading replies...