Tampa and surrounding areas- Buy and Hold opportunities

8 Replies

Hello folks! I am located in the Orlando area, but have been doing some searching for SF and MF properties in the Tampa area. I work throughout the entire central Florida area, but am unfamiliar with the real estate market in Tampa. My focus is buy and hold with cash flow being the priority, and a mix of cash flow with appreciation being a close second depending on market. The always intriguing BRRRR method is also my focus. I would greatly appreciate any input and advice regarding search locations and local market trends, etc. I am also always interested in networking with like minded individuals. Thanks in advance for the help, and I look forward to networking with you all.

Trae,

I love the Tampa and St Pete area. I think there is more opportunity in those two areas for the multi family
I also think that Pasco County is growing like crazy because of the lower price points, lower taxes and ease of getting back into Tampa on the Suncoast Psrkway

Are you in the market to buy? If so, what #'s are you looking for and how serious are you about a purchase in the area?

@Kim Meredith Hampton

Thank you for the intel! I will definitely look into Pasco County opportunities, as well as the St Pete area. Have you found some multi family wins in the St Pete area?

@Jeremy Kloter

Yes. In the market to purchase, strictly to establish and grow a rental portfolio. Im open to SF and MF units, with the ability to bring in partners if it makes sense. Same perspective for me as a sole investor.

The BRRRR is my favorite strategy! For anyone reading that may not know what BRRR is, it's a term coined from BP. It means BUY REHAB RENT REFINANCE REPEAT. Getting a property at a discount, adding value through renovation, getting tenants and showing the bank a "seasoning period" then pulling your money out via refinancing allows you to get back potentially all if not a profit from that deal, and go find another one. And oh not to mention you've added a cash flowing asset to your portfolio. Everyone wants the big hits from flips, which is looked at as the sexier REI. But, wealth is made from cash flow in rentals. Would love to help you find multis and more buy and hold opportunities!

as long as you are to TAMPA I would keep going and look at south side of st Pete 

@Michael Plante when you say "south side of St Pete", where exactly are you referring? South St Pete, or Bradenton, Cortez?

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here