• Anchorage, AK
Votes |
Searching for house/Realtor in Tampa

Chris S.
  • Property Manager
  • Anchorage, AK
Posted Apr 17 2018, 22:10

Hello! 

I am a small time investor living in Anchorage Alaska. My sister in law/brother in law are moving to Tampa, Florida and were looking for a house/duplex in the area. They are ideally looking for something that they can do a 203k loan on, and preferably keep it under 300k. Looking at the house prices, this seems like it may be a stretch, but worth a shot. 

Their ideal house would be in an area with good schools, at the very least elementary schools. We have been searching, and my Brother in Law and I will probably be making a trip down in June sometime to check out a few places. 

I was hoping for some insight, maybe a realtor on here who knows about any fixer upper houses that we could buy cheap and use a 203k loan on, we would of course use whoever found the house for the commission and any future purchases. (assuming you do a good job of course) We have been looking into a lot of 2 bed 1 bath houses with large sun rooms that we were thinking about adding another room/possibly bathroom using 203k. 300k isnt a set in stone price, it is just where we would like to be. Depends on the deal of course. I am not very familiar with Tampa market and any suggestions are appreciated. 

We have been looking mainly at houses in the North Hyde Park area. My sister in law will be attending Dental Hygienist school, while my brother in Law will be in Chiropractic school. They have a 4yr old daughter, and another on the way. 

The property will be turned into a rental later, which we would be needing a good property management team for as well once they move out (They will prob return to Anchorage later down the road)

I really appreciate y'all taking the time to hear me out, and hope someone has a good realtor/property management company or even better a house that would suit our needs. Thanks!

Loading replies...