Insurance recommendation in Temple Terrance

8 Replies | Tampa, Florida

I'm in the process of purchase a turnkey in temple terrace, fl. What insurance firm do you recommend in the tampa bay area?

Hi everyone,

I have been looking to obtain a Workers Compensation insurance in my area, Highlands County, without success. I am new investor. It is funny that the state requires you to have one if you are employing someone, but make it so difficult to achieve. I am trying to hire a handyman to assist with some of the work, but most insurance companies are not interested. Any suggestions??? I have a General Liabilty and Builder Risk Insurance.

Originally posted by @Luz Pagan :

Hi everyone,

I have been looking to obtain a Workers Compensation insurance in my area, Highlands County, without success. I am new investor. It is funny that the state requires you to have one if you are employing someone, but make it so difficult to achieve. I am trying to hire a handyman to assist with some of the work, but most insurance companies are not interested. Any suggestions??? I have a General Liabilty and Builder Risk Insurance.

why don't you hire them as contractor instead of employer?

Originally posted by @Luz Pagan :

@John Lee as contractors they will have to have their business license an dinsurance. Correct?

yes they will need their own license and insurance. If you starting out are you trying to hire laborer as employee  or you hire out sub contractor to work on your flip project? If you hire sub contractor, they should already have license and insurance