Votes
Steven Pham
  • Newark, CA
Votes |
Recommendations for Good Property Management Company in Tampa, FL

Steven Pham
  • Newark, CA
Posted Nov 8 2018, 09:29

I own a few small multifamily properties. Anyone has recommendations for a good property management company in the Tampa Bay Area? 

Much appreciated! Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Leanne R.
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
  • Naples, FL
Replied Nov 8 2018, 09:42

Rent it Network-https://www.rentitnetwork.com/

We have a couple of properties in Tampa and live hours away.  Reece, Jocelyn, and Dillion have been very responsive when we have questions or concerns about anything.  We just put a property up for rent two weeks ago on a Thursday and by Monday we had a qualified renter all set up and ready to move in.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 8 2018, 10:10

I would highly recommend Real Property Management Leaders. They are very responsive and work with out of state investors regularly. I live in Michigan and the Real Property Management Leaders team will work around my busy schedule. I actually just had a call with them outside of normal business hours last week! Great team, great pricing, and great flexibility.

www.realpropertyleaders.com

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Matt Carey
  • Investor
  • Brandon, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Brandon, FL
Replied Nov 8 2018, 14:01

What do you define as a good company?

User Stats

Votes
Taylor Brugna
  • CPA
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • CPA
  • New York, NY
Replied Nov 8 2018, 14:14

Highly recommend @Jeff Copeland..he works very well with out of state investors like myself, and is very responsive to my questions and is proactive about taking care of the units. Excellent service overall. 

User Stats

Votes
Ryder Meehan
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Nov 8 2018, 18:08

@Jeff Copeland is who you want!  He makes everything very passive and turnkey - can't say enough good things.

User Stats

Votes
Sean Drees
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Nov 12 2018, 06:46

@Jeff Copeland

User Stats

Votes
Steven Pham
  • Newark, CA
Votes |
  • Newark, CA
Replied Nov 13 2018, 10:32

Thank you all for your responses :)

User Stats

Votes
Josh Green
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Replied Jan 26 2023, 12:43
Quote from @Steven Pham:

I own a few small multifamily properties. Anyone has recommendations for a good property management company in the Tampa Bay Area? 

Much appreciated! Thanks.

Reviving an old thread - how has your PM been?

I have spoke to many different PMs and PM companies around not only the Tampa area but out of state as well.  If you're looking to upgrade your property management and likely also save a ton of money, I would HIGHLY recommend reaching out to @Account Closed at Graystone.  You will not find a better accountable, professional, and driven leader in the entire property management industry.  Take a look at his google reviews but more importantly, just give him a call!  You'll be able to see right away and I'm willing to be he'll be better priced too.

User Stats

Votes
Kristina Kuba
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jan 26 2023, 13:55

@Steven Pham

We recently switched to a new property mgmt team for our personal multifamily property in Tampa proper. The best things I like about the new company are:

1. -Someone who can respond to my questions via text 7 days a week
  2. -A clean, easy to use portal where I can view statements and work logs
  3. -A 12 month guarantee, if the tenant is evicted, the property mgmt company puts replaces the tenant without charging us 1st months rent
  4. -Allows us to put a MAX threshold hold of $250 for non-emergency repairs. Anything over $250 requires our explicit written approval with at least 2 estimates presented to us from their vendors

PM and I can send to you

User Stats

Votes
Rob Drum
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Feb 6 2023, 09:34

I've been happy with Spartan Property management. Only got one property with them for about 6 months, but so far so good. I've good a lot of experience with PM's in other markets and they seem to check all the boxes I'd look for.

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Feb 7 2023, 03:50

@Steven Pham

@Steven Pham

Even if someone give you a referral, don’t make the mistake of assuming that PMC will meet your expectations, just because they met the expectations of the referral source.

We also can’t believe how many owners hire the first PMC they speak with!

Then they complain their expectations aren’t being met!

In our experience, the #1 mistake owners make when selecting a Property Management Company (PMC) is ASSUMING instead of CONFIRMING.

It's often a case of not doing enough research, as they don't know what they don't know!

Owners mistakenly ASSUME all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, so price is the only differentiator – and they often select the first PMC they call!

So, the first question they usually ask a PMC is about fees - instead of asking about services and HOW those services are executed.

EXAMPLE: PMC states they will handle tenant screening – what does that specifically mean? What documents do they require, what credit scores do they allow, how do they verify previous rental history, etc.? You’d be shocked by how little actual screening many PMC’s do!

This also leads owners to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.

The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!

We have a 14-page management contract that we've added our real experiences to over the years, with the intent of protecting both us AND the landlord. Beyond the Monthly Management, Placement & Maintenance fees, all other fees in our contract are IF EVENT -> THEN fees.

We don’t know any PMCs to recommend in the area mentioned, but since selecting the wrong PMC is usually more harmful than selecting a bad tenant, you might want to read our series about “How to Screen a PMC Better than a Tenant”:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/91877-how-to-screen-a-pmc-better-than-a-tenant-part-1-services-and-processes

We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.

EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!

P.S. If you just hire the cheapest or first PMC you speak with and it turns into a bad experience, please don’t assume ALL PMC’s are bad and start trashing PMC’s in general. Take ownership of your mistake and learn to do the proper due diligence recommended above😊

Please send us any feedback via email, as we do not use the DM feature here.
Also, if you like our response, please don’t be shy about giving us a vote😊