• Investor
  • Daytona Beach, FL
Votes |
Involved in a hurricane re-hab and the private owner is not coop

Anthony Nieves
  • Investor
  • Daytona Beach, FL
Posted Oct 24 2017, 18:09
I am the owner of a condo just now getting renovated from hurricane Matthew blowing the roof off in Daytona. It came out on the channel 9 news all over Orlando and Daytona. The HOA finally has there end almost completed. Now comes the time I have to start organizing my interior repairs with the insurance settlement money. However the executor to the estate of this owner financed purchase is not cooperating  with me on signing the insurance check in a mutual account for the repairs to begin.  I've also received 2 check payments that were not cashed or deposited into the account for this mortgage. The original owner/lender passed away and his granddaughter (who happens to be a lawyer is the new executor of the estate) Is there anyway I can threaten her for non cooperation, to sign this insurance check for  repairs? I am still living in a hotel for a year now, FEMA has made it very difficult for me to obtain rental assistance. I've continued to pay mortgage, HOA, and now rent of a hotel room. Can anyone give me a suggestion? Or point me to a reasonable legal counsel?