Orlando Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Tony Plumb
Votes |
Purchasing a STR in the Kissimmee/Championsgate Disney area

Tony Plumb
Posted Sep 9 2021, 09:36

We are looking to purchase an STR in the next month or two in the Kissimmee/Davenport/Disney area. After a ton of research we are starting to hone in on some specific areas and types of properties. I would like some input about typical occupancy rates and typical average pricing. We've done a ton of research on airbnb to see the typical rates but it's hard to judge accurately. Here is our current plan:

Purchase at minimum a furnished 4br townhouse with splash pool in a gated resort with amenities - purchase price around $330-$390k

We would put about 10-15k into setting it up for STR, theming the rooms (my wife is an interior decorator and already has a plan)/automating the property for remote management/adjusting furnishing if needed etc.

We plan to self manage remotely with a little help locally. We've had rental properties in the past, but this is our first STR, so I know the game is totally different.

It seems that these types of properties are not just going up on a monthly basis but they are going very fast as well.  We have looked at properties in ChampionshipGate, Paradise Palms, Storey Lakes as well as few others that fit within our plan.

I'd like to connect with a few of you that are experienced with self management with these types of properties to get your opinion about realistic rates, occupancy, cash flow and revenue.

Tony  

Loading replies...