Votes |
prohibited dangerous breeds visiting in a pet friendly rental

Chris Koeppel
Pro Member
  • Biologist
  • Palm Bay, FL
Posted Feb 2 2018, 21:56

Hi all,

Had a recent pitbull attack on me when walking the neighborhood of a rental I was house-hacking to completion.  Now that I am renting the house and after doing a background check, eviction check, and a sitdown with potential renter (Smartmove); I hear from other sources that the day the renters moved in, they had a pitbull that attacked and killed another dog at the place they were moving out from, and both dogs were eventually euthanized. Insurance was paid out, victim was possibly paid monies from altercation.  Literally the hour before moving into my rental when contract was signed.  Bottom line is they withheld they had a pitbull, knowing I prohibited dangerous breeds in contract, and was also recently attacked. Evidently one of the renters had a pit in his semi and only visits every so often as he is a over-the-road trucker. First rent monies have not even cleared bank yet on annual lease.  This is all hearsay until I get a Animal Services report, as nothing was on the news like what happened to me. What's your thoughts?

Regards,

Chris Koeppel

Loading replies...