• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Hoarder House Clean-Up Options

Tenneille Patterson
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jul 8 2020, 14:21

My husband and I will close on our first investment property next week in the Fayetteville Whitewater school district!  1800 sq ft plus partially finished basement with in-ground pool on 5 acres.  We are excited to get the rehab started but unfortunately this is a hoarder house with mounds of trash and belongings inside and outside that must be removed.  I have a junk removal company willing to negotiate on labor and/or a flat rate if I purchase a 40 yard roll-off for $500/two weeks(my contractor will fill it with demo debris as well).  

1) What is an appropriate number to begin negotiations for an hourly labor rate or flat rate to complete the entire job?  They have up to 6 people  

There are some sell-able items(old record players, sound equipment, sewing machine, fitness equipment,etc.) as well.  

2) Would you give them the right to sell any of the household items and reduce the fee or sell them yourself?

3) Would you and your spouse do all the work??!!(I don't see us being able to recruit anyone for the job....)

Any other ideas or referrals are appreciated!!!

Loading replies...