Votes |
help with GA power

Paolo Ruggieri
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • USA
Posted Aug 26 2016, 05:43

All,

I am in a bit of a pickle with GA power... my former tenant messed up the meter and I am having issues getting service now that I evicted him. Once tenant came out, I quickly rerented the house as a rooming house ... where I need to pay utilities. in Atlanta there is a shortage of rooming houses, so rooming houses are the only way to get tenants in immediately(area is rough, if I have property vacant it will be quickly stripped... also as a rooming house I got a 30k house rented for 2k... not bad!). 

I called GA Power to get utility in my name and found out I they think power has been off for years! I purchased house at a high discount because there was a difficult tenant. I need to keep my rooming house tenants in . GA Power told me they want a full inspection ... which means I have to turn lights off!!

I want to do what is right, but I need to coordinate it in with GA Power and electrician in a very a short period of time so that tenant stay without power for no more than a day.

if you have any connections with GA power, please PM me and give me some advice.... Or if you have an electrician that has dealt with this before please let me know as well

Loading replies...