Gamaliel M.
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
New Real Estate Investor targeting B&H Multi-family for cashflow

Gamaliel M.
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jan 25 2018, 16:45

Greetings BP!

Man name is Marcus and I am a new real estate investor living in Tucker, GA. I have a current W2 job that I enjoy and love but have always been interested in passive income and the flexibility it gives you. Couple months ago I learned about Bigger Pockets and after several intriguing podcasts, I decided Real Estate was the best way for me to create an additional stream of income. The niche that interested me the most, especially from listening to Podcasts, is Multi-Family. I've kept myself busy over the past couple months educating myself reading several books, and listening to more podcasts. My initial goal is to build a portfolio that cashflows $250k a year in 10 years. 

Currently, I'm in the process of obtaining a HELOC, which combined with a cash on hand should net me around 100k to start. Right now I'm thinking to start small with a 2-4 unit multi and scale from there, or if the opportunity presents itself through networking, partner up with someone on a commercial multi-family. I know Grant Cardone preaches partnering and starting big but for now, I want to leave the starting small option open. The market in Atlanta for multi's does seem very hot. I've started to analysis properties of Redfin and the pickings are slim along with the cash flow and COC return. Luckily, I am in a position to be patient and wait for the right property that fits my criteria(strong cash flow, 12% COC return, decent neighborhood/no section 8). So far my target neighborhoods are Decatur, Norcross/Peachtree Corners, and Marietta/Syrmna/Kennesaw area. Has anyone had recent success with Multi-Family in ATL?

Excited to be here and looking forward to networking with all.