Skip to content
Athens Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Jane Wish
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Tiny House in Athens, GA - Would BRRRR or Airbnb Work?

Jane Wish
  • New York City, NY
Posted Mar 26 2020, 14:09

Hello, everyone! I'm Jane and am new to BP. I am looking to purchase my first out-of-state rental property later this year and came across a promising tiny house (2 bd, 1 bath, about 500 sq ft.) in Athens, GA for under market value and wanted to get some opinions on whether or not it would be a good property for me to BRRRR or Airbnb. A lot of the homes I am seeing in the area are valued at about $100K+, but they are much bigger and the tiny house in question is the smallest on the block. I have $30K to invest towards my downpayment, rehab, and closing costs. Ideally, I am looking for a property that meets the 1% rule and can get me $100-$150/month in cash flow, since I plan to continue working full-time as I build my portfolio.

So my questions are: Would this tiny house work as a BRRRR? Is it worth it for me to try to expand or fix up and get it appraised to refinance? And if not as a BRRRR, would it be good as a short-term rental? I noticed that it was less than a 7-minute drive from the Athens airport, University of Georgia, Sanford Stadium, and the Tree That Owns Itself, etc. - all hot spots that could potentially be good for visitors.

Would love to hear your thoughts on all of this. Thank you!

Loading replies...