• Honolulu, HI
Votes |
Landlord moving to Oahu in August looking for advice

Nate Maier
  • Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted Apr 26 2016, 07:32

Hello!

The BP community has been very helpful over my first few years of investing in Milwaukee so I am hoping I can get lucky again here. My girlfriend and I have 4 rental properties in WI and will be moving to Oahu in August as she is pursuing her master’s degree and maybe phd at UH-Manoa. We would like to continue investing in HI and are looking to do either a live in flip or purchase a multifamily building and live in one unit while renting out and potentially remodeling the rest. Ideally I’d like to stay within 10-20 minutes of the campus. I’ve been looking at houses quite a bit and know the price ranges somewhat, we are looking for a complete fixer upper. I’ve had less luck finding multifamiles. Any input on our situation would be greatly appreciated. Our cash position is pretty strong but our income is lacking right now as I am still looking for a job, any help on that front would be really helpful as well. I am an economist by trade but real estate entrepreneur by passion.

Any help on where to look, who to contact, leads on properties, or just to chat is all appreciated

Feel free to respond here or pm me

Thank you!

Nate

Loading replies...