Skip to content
Chicago Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Kayde C.
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Will my Hand Tattoos get in the way of me being a realtor?

Kayde C.
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jan 9 2022, 23:05

I've been fortunate enough to have found success owning my own business for the last 4 years. It pretty much runs itself at this point and I only have to put in less than 15 hours a week into it. In my quest to find ways to diversify my income I stumbled upon BiggerPockets in 2020 and have been in analysis paralysis ever since. 2 months ago I moved to San Antonio where I'd like to get into REI. With all my free time I decided I'd like to try being a realtor as well. My problem is that I have very visible Hand Tattoos (nothing offensive just your typical flowers & hearts). I've heard of Realtors who have full-sleeves, but those tend to usually end at the wrist. Mine are on my hands and 2 are on my fingers. Since moving into town I have noticed some stares of disapproval, specifically aimed at my hands, and I have been asked about them 3x in the 2 months I've been here. NGL, it's rather discouraging, and I'm wondering if this might get in the way of me working as a Realtor here and if I should just look into some other type of side career in the Real Estate world instead. For example, contracting, etc? Would love some advice from folks already in the industry. Thanks in advance.

Loading replies...