• Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Chicago - Snow Removal

Eric La Pratt
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Dec 9 2022, 06:32

I need recommendations for snow removal. Used to do it myself but pivoting now to hiring this out. Have a couple of small 2-4 unit properties in Albany Park and Lincoln Square, about 10-15 minutes from one another.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Rodriguez
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Norwood Park
Votes |
  • Norwood Park
Replied Dec 9 2022, 07:16

@Eric La Pratt Same here.
Would also be interested in recommendations as I am looking for someone to do removal when I leave town in the winter. Any recommendations are welcome. 

User Stats

Votes
Hemang S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Replied Dec 9 2022, 08:16

Same here. Looking for snow removal in Pilsen for a three flat. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Henry Lazerow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Dec 9 2022, 08:28

Snow removal is expensive in Chicago. The best option is to have a tenant do it. I leave salt and a shovel out for one of my tenants. You can offer to knock a little off rent or just say its a requirement to renting that unit. I give the unit that helps with it a small reduction in rent and they also handle my lawncare. 

User Stats

Votes
Crystal Smith
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Dec 9 2022, 09:02
Quote from @Eric La Pratt:

I need recommendations for snow removal. Used to do it myself but pivoting now to hiring this out. Have a couple of small 2-4 unit properties in Albany Park and Lincoln Square, about 10-15 minutes from one another.

Thanks!

Try taskrabbit
The Smith Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Paul De Luca
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Dec 9 2022, 09:28

I agree with having the tenants handle the snow removal if possible. See if the tenants are willing to handle it for a slight discount. I did this recently by offering a garage parking space in exchange for one tenant handling the lawn care and snow removal at the property. This particular tenant is awesome but I could see other tenants being lazy about it.

• Real Estate Agent Illinois (#475.190985)

eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 9 2022, 16:14

@Eric La Pratt I have property in Jeff Park. See if Pedro will go by you. He's reliable and does a good job. 773/209-7423.

Shoot me a dm, I always like to connect with investors in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Allan C.
Votes |
Replied Dec 9 2022, 22:25

@Eric La Pratt I don’t recommend having tenants do this for 3+ units - it’s hard to keep everyone responsible, and it’s likely too much area to cover. Too much liability IMO.

Try Luxury Gardens Landscape to see if Carmelo services your area. Also try Nico at The Clearing.

Lawn Love used to be great, but post covid they can’t get reliable workers. We should refresh this post each year cuz reliable snow removal is an issue.

User Stats

Votes
Juan Castro
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Dec 22 2022, 11:25

I'm also looking to outsource snow removal. How does pricing work? per hour? per shoveling? monthly fee? and what prices are usual.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 23 2022, 06:49

Yuriel with http://totallyterrain.com has been doing my lawns this summer and just started taking care of the snow as well.   So far so good.  He covers our properties on the northwest side and evanston.  Let him know Oleg from 1AM Management sent you.  

User Stats

Votes
Tom O.
  • Chicago
Votes |
  • Chicago
Replied Dec 25 2022, 13:28

I got a guy. He's doing my house in Lakeview and he'll do Pilsen and Little Village. Probably anywhere in Chicago. His name is Alex and his number is: 

He's reliable and not very expensive. Mostly he snowblows and hand shovels. I don't think he has a plow. 

He's also a handyman/renovator/contractor but I have not used him for that. Great guy. 

3Three1-645-61OO

User Stats

Votes
Hemang S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Replied Dec 25 2022, 17:58

@Tom O., thanks for the suggestion! I'll see if this is a good fit!

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Dec 27 2022, 08:48

Hey @Eric La Pratt, @Benjamin J Paoletti, @Hemang S. - I've got two guys I refer out that cover nw sides of Chicago.  They may already be filled up but if you shoot me a pm I am happy to share their contact information so that you can check.