FHA 203k approved contractors

4 Replies | Chicago, Illinois

Hi BP, I am planning on utilizing a FHA 203k loan for my first property and would like to start interviewing some potential contractors. Can anyone recommend any good reliable contractors?

Originally posted by @Conrad Legé :

Hi BP, I am planning on utilizing a FHA 203k loan for my first property and would like to start interviewing some potential contractors. Can anyone recommend any good reliable contractors?

Once you have a property in escrow, your HUD Consultant can recommend one.

The overwhelming majority of people that are interested in 203k don't end up being able to even get a property in escrow, so I'd suggest focusing on that first and foremost.

@Chris Mason Thanks for your response Chris. I understand that the HUD consultant can recommend one however I am interested hearing other local investors 203k experiences and open to considering a GC whom they had a positive experience with.

@Wayne Brooks Thanks Wayne. I understand that. However I am interested in speaking with contractors that have the necessary credentials to work on an FHA project and have experience doing so.

Please do not overlook what @Chris Mason mentioned. 

It is extremely important that your agent, HUD consultant, contractor, and lender have some level of synergy when trying to execute a 203k deal. This opinion is from direct experience with multiple clients who have gone through the 203k process here in CT.