Looking for a good CPA in the Joliet, Plainfield area in Joliet

10 Replies

I have 4 rentals and hoping to continue to expand. I have an LLC established but need some advice on getting my finances together for tax purposes. Anyone have advice on a good CPA and possibly a book keeper to help get things in order? What does everyone else use?

@Nathan Waters Many investors are going the virtual CPA route nowadays. There are several of us here on BP. We utilize cloud based technologies to help streamline tax and bookkeeping processes. You could find someone local, but if you are comfortable with a digital relationship, then the pool of qualified CPA's really opens up and you stand a better chance of finding someone who fits your style. 

@Daniel Hyman , Thanks for the advice. It makes sense. I have heard of using VR's for book keeping.

Hey Daniel I use an accountant on plainfield road. I'm thinking of going vertual also. Let's connect I have done rentals in joliet also,
And sound like we have similar goals.

We are looking into that as well.

I'm more than happy to answer some questions. I'm in the north suburbs.
You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions

@Steven Hamilton II ,

Thanks for the information. I'm going to look through it so I can get a good feel on what I need to do to be prepared. I feel like I have a big picture of what I want to do with my real estate future, but need help with the details of book keeping and tax preparation.

Originally posted by @Nathan Waters :

@Steven Hamilton II,

Thanks for the information. I'm going to look through it so I can get a good feel on what I need to do to be prepared. I feel like I have a big picture of what I want to do with my real estate future, but need help with the details of book keeping and tax preparation.

Nathan, always happy to answer some questions to help you understand.

@Nathan Waters and anyone else local to Plainfield keep me posted as I am also looking for a local CPA to assist with my business. Ive grown to 6 units within the area

@Nathan Waters .  Did you ever find a CPA you like in the area?  I was just going to post something about this topic, but I noticed your feed and I am in Aurora.  Thanks.  Kelly

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here