Skip to content
Indianapolis Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Todd Miller
  • Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
any good property managers in Indianapolis?

Todd Miller
  • Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted Oct 14 2017, 17:46

I bought a duplex by the children's museum and got BHB Investments as my management company. one side of the property is rented out for $750, and the other side vacant. 

right after they took control there was a "large leak" in the kitchen which was right under the $250 amount needed for them to notify me about. no pictures, or any other proof; just a bill. okay..

after a few months with no showings I looked up the property on Zillow, and trulia, and there were no pictures on the ad. after a discussion, they added pictures.i also told them to cut the rent to $700.

after about a month I checked again, and they never lowered the rent. after a discussion, they lowered it to $700..

after almost 5 months I've been trying to get them to list ads in LOCAL places (bulletins, news papers, social media, etc) I don't mind lowering the rent a bit more, but I feel like I'm lowering the rent because they are just to lazy to do any real work??

I just got notification that I owe another $330 for a "rat problem". once again, no proof of any sort. just a bill. 

so my question: any good companies out there that are not above the 10% fee, or should I just expect to pay a higher percentage for good service in indy?

Thanks

Loading replies...