Account Closed
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
New Duplex Owner on Near Eastside

Account Closed
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Apr 6 2019, 11:25

Good afternoon Everyone, 

My name is Christopher "Pez" Lopez, I go by Pez in my personal and work life. I moved here to Indy 7 months ago to work for Lilly and start my adult life after graduation from a university in Michigan. I've spent a lot of time reading about real estate and, as of yesterday, closed on a duplex. I will be living in one side and the other side has tenants in the Section 8 program paying in total, 1k in rent every month; this covers about 80% of the mortgage. I'm told we had a unique closing due to some seller side issues, one of which was relocating the wrong tenants! 

Excited to see what comes after this as this is hopefully my first step of many more in real estate investing, property managing, and being a landlord. Currently, researching how to best communicate with tenants, collect rent, and preparing for the renovations to be completed on the side I will be living on. Always happy to talk and meet, buy a cup a coffee for with anyone willing to share some wisdom as I step into this real estate world. 

Nice to meet everyone on the forum!

Pez

Loading replies...