Advice on which areas to search for rental properties in Indy

4 Replies | Indianapolis, Indiana

Hello!

I'm a real estate investor (living outside of the US), looking to invest in Indianapolis.

Currently I'm looking for a single family rental property for 100K +-, in B or C areas.

As I am not familiar with Indianapolis, I would like to get an opinion on the following areas I came across and thinking to focus on:

- Irvington

- Lawrence- here I'm a bit confused, if I'm not mistaken there is a neighborhood called Lawrence and a township called Lawerence. Is the neighborhood part of the township?

- Martinsville, or any other relevant areas in Washington Township.

- Eagledale

Would be happy to get a recommendation on the above areas, relevant areas in Lawrence Township and Washington Township, or any other area that I didn't mention and you think would match what I'm searching for.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hey Daniella,

We've written some blogs on where we like to invest in our city, please let me know if you'd like to connect.

Irvington - Small trendy neighborhood in Eastside.  Butler University was founded in this neighborhood. For the most part, it's a good area to target if you can find the right deal.

Washington Township - Good schools and good area to target

Eagledale - Lower value area near Speedway. Older homes, very affordable C class zone.

Indianapolis as a whole is a very inconsistent or "street to street" city.  Having boots on the ground here is vital to your investment strategy.  

Again, happy to chat with you if you're available!