• Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Columbus Investing Trends

Clay Boykin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Dec 22 2021, 06:07

Hey There! Since Columbus is the 5th fastest appreciating market nationwide, I have noticed a sway of trends happening around the city with investors. From Airbnb to a quick flip, and even to a lease option. What other exit strategies are you using and what are you planning to utilize in 2022 for your next deals? I would love to hear some feedback. 

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 22 2021, 06:54
Originally posted by @Clay Boykin:

Hey There! Since Columbus is the 5th fastest appreciating market nationwide, I have noticed a sway of trends happening around the city with investors. From Airbnb to a quick flip, and even to a lease option. What other exit strategies are you using and what are you planning to utilize in 2022 for your next deals? I would love to hear some feedback. 

My exit strategy is dying and leaving all of my properties in Columbus, Ohio to my kids.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Goldsmith
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 22 2021, 06:55

I think buy and hold is still one of the best out there with some value add opportunities for Columbus @Clay Boykin

User Stats

Votes
Marc Rice
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 22 2021, 19:16

@Clay Boykin

Short term rentals and cash out refi

User Stats

Votes
David Roberts
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 29 2021, 08:17

Funding a live-in single family rehab/hold with 3 medium-term-rentals and saving W2 income to acquire more single family long-term rentals.

User Stats

Votes
Cameron Braig
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 24 2022, 12:59

One I've seen and that could be compelling given Columbus' medical presence is specified Airbnbs. Covid increased demand for traveling nurses which provided STRs the opportunity to have a consistent flow of approved, reliable tenants. Making inroads with local hospitals, nurse groups to build those relationships can be beneficial. Hope you have a great 2022. 

User Stats

Votes
Clay Boykin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 26 2022, 05:46

@Cameron Braig I love this idea, I am a huge fan of Airbnbs/STR especially when combined into the medical industry/corporate housing. If you play your cards right, it can be more profitable upfront than a LTR as long as you force equity into the property. You have a great 2022 as well!