• Rental Property Investor
  • South San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Memphis Fire Damage Restoration Company Recommendations

Arron Paulino
Posted May 23 2022, 22:45

Does anyone know of any reputable fire restoration companies in Memphis for SFRs? I recently had one of my rental properties burned down (vacant thankfully) and am looking for a company to do a rebuild as my property has been categorized as a total loss. I'm currently working with my insurance to get funding to help with getting this property back to livable rent ready condition. I appreciate any recommendations. Email preferred.

User Stats

Votes
John Mocker#1 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Replied May 24 2022, 08:03

Aaron,

Belfor Property Restoration is a National vendor in the Fire and Water damage space.  Several of my clients have used them in CT and have been very pleased with their work.  Check online to see if they have an office near memphis

User Stats

Votes
James Wachob
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Replied May 24 2022, 10:37

Arron, I am relieved to hear your residents are okay. It's always a difficult position to be in as a RO/PM of a property that becomes a total loss. My team has gone through this very experience one to many times this past winter. I am proud to say my team also has the experience and contacts to get these types of projects completed on budget and with the highest quality. Shoot me a message if you would like to go over some numbers.  

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied May 24 2022, 14:32
Quote from @John Mocker:

Aaron,

Belfor Property Restoration is a National vendor in the Fire and Water damage space.  Several of my clients have used them in CT and have been very pleased with their work.  Check online to see if they have an office near memphis

Hi John,

Thanks for the response! I'll look into Belfor and see if they have a local branch in Memphis to check out my fire damaged rental property. Glad to hear that they have positive reviews from your clients.

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied May 24 2022, 14:33
Quote from @James Wachob:

Arron, I am relieved to hear your residents are okay. It's always a difficult position to be in as a RO/PM of a property that becomes a total loss. My team has gone through this very experience one to many times this past winter. I am proud to say my team also has the experience and contacts to get these types of projects completed on budget and with the highest quality. Shoot me a message if you would like to go over some numbers.  

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply! Luckily, it was unoccupied/no tenant was in place. I'd definitely like to have you share anyone you may know or if you can, that would be awesome. I'll send you an email.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy VanDelinder
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Round Rock, TX
Replied May 25 2022, 05:39

I flip fire-damaged properties and own a fire damage restoration company. I'm sorry you have experienced this, but I'm glad everyone is ok. I am glad everyone is ok. I am happy to connect you with someone in my network of independent companies. The value that a locally-owned company offers (vs. a large wall-street owned monolith) is the personal service and care for the community. 

I'm also happy to answer any questions or provided what help I can from a distance. 

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy VanDelinder
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Round Rock, TX
Replied May 25 2022, 05:41

One other thought: If it is a tear-down and rebuild, you may not necessarily need to look for a fire restoration company per se. More like a demolition crew and on-your-lot builder. Where you may need help is ensuring you are getting all that you should from your insurance carrier. 

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied May 25 2022, 20:26
Quote from @Jeremy VanDelinder:

I flip fire-damaged properties and own a fire damage restoration company. I'm sorry you have experienced this, but I'm glad everyone is ok. I am glad everyone is ok. I am happy to connect you with someone in my network of independent companies. The value that a locally-owned company offers (vs. a large wall-street owned monolith) is the personal service and care for the community. 

I'm also happy to answer any questions or provided what help I can from a distance. 

I appreciate your reply! I've been interested in BRRRRing fire-damaged properties that I've come across, but the rehab has been too high for me and the numbers didn't end up making sense. I'd be happy to speak with whomever you think would be able to help me out. My rental property is located in the Memphis market. I do agree that it is better to go with a local vs a national company due to the service aspect of things.

This was out of the blue for me and will be something I can use as a learning experience to help me on my real estate investing journey. My main fear for this one is by keeping it, how will I know it won't happen again. I just have to stay the course and keep on going.

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied May 25 2022, 20:28
Quote from @Jeremy VanDelinder:

One other thought: If it is a tear-down and rebuild, you may not necessarily need to look for a fire restoration company per se. More like a demolition crew and on-your-lot builder. Where you may need help is ensuring you are getting all that you should from your insurance carrier. 

Ideally, I just wanted to rebuild and repair the fire-damaged side, but I think it crept throughout the house so starting from scratch was the way to go. I agree that I'm getting the help I need from my insurance to may this process seamless.