• Rental Property Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
First flip - advice / financing

Nick Phillips
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Jun 6 2022, 12:27

Hello! I'm looking for advice on how to structure a deal to work with an investor for a fix/flip strategy. What is a good split so I am able to learn and also give a great return to an investor? I am looking to build up starting capital to eventually go into the BRRRR method.

Thank you! 

Nick

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Jun 7 2022, 09:53

Who will be doing what roles? Is the investor financing and you do all the leg work and managing? 

User Stats

Votes
Luther Wilson III
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Jun 10 2022, 15:15

Right on, @Nick Phillips.  There’s quite a bit to unpack there.  Are you bringing the deal and the capital or what? Who’s heading up operations and such? 

Like @Caleb Brown said, it depends on your respective roles and such.  A 50/50 split could work out well if you or your partner is just the capital portion and the other is doing all the work.  Then again, it’s whatever you can negotiate and the two of you agree on. You could consider taking a smaller split to incentivize your partner. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Let us know what you had in mind!  🙂

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes