Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Steiner
Votes |
Looking for wholesalers with accurate pricing

Ryan Steiner
Posted Jul 27 2022, 07:22

Im in the tampa bay area looking for wholesalers who are crunching the numbers accurately. Im seeing way too many take the highest sold and assume thats the new ARV, on top of thinking the repairs are always way cheaper than they are.

Any referrals to people with experience moving flips would be greatly appreciated. 

User Stats

Votes
Jared Prevost
  • Lender
  • Tampa, Fl
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, Fl
Replied Jul 27 2022, 07:54
Quote from @Ryan Steiner:

Im in the tampa bay area looking for wholesalers who are crunching the numbers accurately. Im seeing way too many take the highest sold and assume thats the new ARV, on top of thinking the repairs are always way cheaper than they are.

Any referrals to people with experience moving flips would be greatly appreciated. 

Haha yep, welcome to wholesale! I'd say at least 90% of deals posted to any of the Facebook real estate groups are locked up far too high, especially now that 'lipstick on a pig' renos aren't selling. Lots of cherry-picking the highest priced comps and ignoring the best comps. I've also noticed a lot of wholesalers are not looking at comps listed for sale or marked as pending, which is a mistake as there are a lot of price cuts going on right now.

I'd like to think we do a pretty good job running numbers (it's very rare that we cancel a deal we have under contract). If you need help moving a flip just let me know and I can run numbers on it.

Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Steiner
Votes |
Replied Jul 27 2022, 08:01
Quote from @Jared Prevost:
Quote from @Ryan Steiner:

Haha yep, welcome to wholesale! I'd say at least 90% of deals posted to any of the Facebook real estate groups are locked up far too high, especially now that 'lipstick on a pig' renos aren't selling. Lots of cherry-picking the highest priced comps and ignoring the best comps. I've also noticed a lot of wholesalers are not looking at comps listed for sale or marked as pending, which is a mistake as there are a lot of price cuts going on right now.

I'd like to think we do a pretty good job running numbers (it's very rare that we cancel a deal we have under contract). If you need help moving a flip just let me know and I can run numbers on it.

Best of luck!

Thanks so much! And thats good advice to remember to check pending and local comp price cuts for trend analysis. I forget that myself sometimes.

Ill shoot you a dm if you have leads and want to connect!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Caudle
  • Realtor
  • Pinellas County, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Pinellas County, FL
Replied Aug 10 2022, 11:16

Hey Ryan,

Would love to connect and hear what you are looking for. I'm an investor/wholesaler, but also run a team of agents. We do a lot of deals on the market so we are very confident in our ARVs.

Sam